Each year, we select 18-20 patients currently undergoing cancer treatment along with their families to serve as Ambassadors Families for Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer.
- Child must be between the ages of 5 and 12.
- Child must be a current patient at Children’s Health Center Dallas or Legacy, Medical City Dallas or Cook Children’s Hospital Fort Worth or other Texas pediatric oncology hospitals.
- The Family must have a working email account. All correspondence throughout the year will be via email.
- The family must have someone who can understand and speak English. We do not have a Spanish interpreter.
- The family should be able to attend a majority of the Ambassador Families events.
The Ambassador Families program focuses on the entire family unit. The goal is to provide time as a family away from the stress of life. We schedule approximately 9 events a year for the families to attend.
- January – Pinning Ceremony is the first event as an Ambassador. Your child will receive their Ambassador pin created just for them by Bachendorfs, important information for parents and an Ambassador t-shirt to wear at events throughout the year.
- March – WOKC Night at the Texas Legends Basketball Game! The red carpet is rolled out for our Ambassador families. The kids meet and get autographs from the players and are honored on the court during half time.
- March 27 – Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving
- April – Ambassador Reunion. All of our previous Ambassadors are invited to join us for an afternoon of food, games and fun! It’s great to see our Ambassadors come back after beating their cancer and growing up.
- May – Fishing Camp. All Outdoors Television holds a fishing tournament for the Ambassadors and their families.
- June – Camp Sunshine, Maine – all expense paid trip for Ambassador families.
- September – Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer Oktoberfest 5K & Family Fun Run in conjunction with Addison’s Oktoberfest. Ambassador families are granted free entry. Put your own team together for a chance to win the Spirit Award!
- December – Holiday Party. Celebrate the holidays with friends and a visit from Santa. Every person in your immediate family will receive gifts!