Toby DiMiceli became a WOKC Ambassador at 5 years old, and like other kids his age, he has a lot he wants to do! Right now, though, what’s standing between Toby and his favorite activities is leukemia. Toby, one of our WOKC Ambassadors, is fighting leukemia, which is something no kid should ever have to do. At WOKC, we’re working for a world free from children’s cancers, but while we’re waiting, we like to take every opportunity to hear what kids fighting cancer are thinking about.
Here’s what Toby had to say about some of his favorite things:
- What’s your favorite color? Green
- Who is your favorite cartoon character? Ninja Turtles
- What’s your favorite movie? Cars
- What’s your favorite food? Cheese Pizza
- What’s your favorite dessert? Chocolate
- What is your favorite animal? Cat
- Who is your favorite superhero? Batman
- What’s your favorite game? Bingo
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A scientist
- What one thing would you want in the world wide world? Billions of video games!
- What makes you happy? Video games
- What is one thing you want to learn how to do? Snowboard
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? Anything that can do cool tricks
- If you were in a talent show, what would your talent be? Flipping
We flip over kids like Toby and want them to have hope for a bright future! That’s why WOKC works to raise funds for cancer research so that in the future all children can have a chance to live their lives cancer free. WOKC supports kids with cancer and raises money to help further research that will eradicate children’s cancers in the near future. We also hold special events throughout the year to honor ambassadors and their families, hoping to give these kids a chance to forget about their illnesses and just enjoy being kids. Through these events, we offer families the chance to meet others in a similar situation so that they can support each other.